By Ashley Whisonant
With the holidays coming to a close I am always thinking of ways to save time, money, and my sanity! Between my husband, boys, coworkers, family, and friends, many gifts were given out this holiday season.
One of my year-round favorite gifts to give or receive are Mason jar mixes. I have come across cookies, breads, brownies, and even alcohol Mason jar gifts. One of my favorites is the recipe below. It is the perfect cookie for now, not too sweet and easy to make!
Check out this easy recipe:
1 ½ cup flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ cup 1 minute oats and 1/8 cup at the end
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
½ cup chocolate chips
1 large Mason jar
- Mix the flour, sea salt, and baking powder. Use a funnel to fill the bottom of the Mason jar
- Add the packed brown sugar, making sure to level it out
- Next, add the regular sugar
- Add the chocolate chips on top, continuing to level
- Add 1/8 cup more oats just to top off the jar
- Place the top and decorate with ribbon or baker’s twine
The baking directions also need to be included with the jar.
*Add one egg, ½ cup softened butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla to jar mix. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for around 8 mins.