By Ashley Whisonant
December is a month my family and I wait for all year long. I especially love the excitement it brings to my little ones, not just on Christmas morning. I am making an effort this December to focus more on family time together and not get wrapped up in having a “perfect” Christmas.
Here is my top ten list for things to do together as a family:
- Bake Christmas cookies
- Watch at least one Christmas movie a weekend
- Visit Santa as often as possible
- See the lights at Riverbanks Zoo
- Volunteer twice before Christmas
- Surprise Elf one of our neighbors
- Stroll through Saluda Shoals Park
- Decorate an ornament
- Send a surprise package to a friend
- Attend Christmas Eve mass
I hope this list is just the tip of the iceberg for my family this holiday season. I want us to focus on the times together and not the things we receive.
Happy Holidays, friends!