By: Ashley Whisonant
With school back in session and pumpkin everything starting to pop up, the signs are all there. Summer is coming to an end.
This summer has been filled with beach days, ice cream nights, and late-night neighborhood play sessions. With fall around the corner, I am making a promise to myself that I will make time for friendship. I tend to carve out specific time for my boys, husband, work, working out, and family. I need to do the same for my friendships as well.
Instead of the typical dinner out, I thought of a few other ideas:
- Walking the neighborhood or Lake Murray Dam
- Taking a cooking class together
- Creating a jewelry swap group. Everyone brings necklaces, bracelets, etc. and then we swap!
- Taking a cake or cookie decorating class at a local craft store
- Strolling the outdoor market, Soda City, on a Saturday morning
I hope by making specific time for girlfriends, my soul will be rejuvenated! Any other events you would add to the list?