By: Mary Pat Baldauf
I came across a great post on Positively Positive last week: Six People You Must Find Today.
- SOMEONE TO LOVE. Write the name and why you love this person.
- SOMEONE TO THANK. You must call them and thank them. If you can’t call them, just write their name down.
- SOMEONE TO BE GRATEFUL FOR, but you can’t thank directly. Maybe they are dead. Or long gone from your life.
- SOMEONE TO FORGIVE: You don’t have to physically forgive them. It turns out the same amount of oxytocin is released if you write their name down on a piece of paper and forgive them.
- SOMEONE TO FORGET: No need to be angry anymore. Forget and move on, even if their actions were unforgivable.
- SOMEONE TO ADMIRE: We can often rewire the brain by thinking about the people we admire and want to emulate.
I love this idea, and I’m going to add it to my daily journaling. Here are my first six people:
- SOMEONE TO LOVE. My sister, Beth. She found me unconscious in March and has unselfishly cared for me since. She is no doubt an angel. (Most days, that is. She’s only human, after all!)
- SOMEONE TO THANK. The medical teams who cared for me over the past 9 months
- SOMEONE TO BE GRATEFUL FOR: My mother. For her love and care over the past 9 months and a million other reasons too numerous to list.
- SOMEONE TO FORGIVE: Unnamed co-worker from 20-some years ago who came in with new leadership and not only stripped me of any meaningful duties, but was also pretty darn nasty about it.
- SOMEONE TO FORGET: A lady from Treasury Drug in Greenwood who made me feel very bad about myself some 35 years ago.
- SOMEONE TO ADMIRE: Kassy Alia, one of the strongest women I know. The grace and love she has shown, as well as the good she has done since her husband was killed in the line of duty, is breathtaking.
Who are YOUR six people?