By: Chaunte McClure
Lately I haven’t been able to sleep through the night, so unfortunately I grab my phone and start exploring my apps. (Wait; is there an app for that? “That” being insomnia.) Anyway, Pinterest is one of the apps I’ve scrolled through in the wee hours of the morning until sleep decides to show up again. I never get bored, I just get tired of scrolling because there’s so much to discover on Pinterest! Almost T-M-I!
I’ve come across several pins recently about various interesting hacks – cleaning hacks, life hacks, car hacks, decorating hacks, and DIY hacks. What exactly are they? Tips, tricks or shortcuts. We all have some that we use day to day and I thought I’d share a few of mine. Some of them you’ve probably done before or you know someone who has.
- Stop that run in your pantyhose with clear fingernail polish. (Grandma probably taught me this one.)
- If your shoes are a little big, put some tissue in the toe of your shoe. (Come on now, you know you’ve done this at some point in your life. I buy insoles nowadays.)
- Oh yeah, and when you get a scratch on those black shoes, cover it using a black sharpie. (LOL. Yes, I’ve done it.)
- Put the lids on your pots and bowls to help keep your cabinets neatly organized. (I’m slightly OCD.)
- Don’t throw that vinyl shower curtain away! Put it in the washing machine with a load of laundry. Hang to dry.
- Next time you spill a drink on the carpet, don’t attempt to wipe it. Shake baking soda over the area. It’ll absorb the liquid.
Do you have a knack for hacks? I’m sure you have some great hacks of your own. Please take a moment to share at least one. I’m looking forward to reading them!