By: Rebecca Stephenson, Guest Contributor
It’s the most wonderful time of year, but it can also be the laziest. If you just sit by the fire and watch holiday movies, you will miss out on all of the unique events happening in our area. Grab your friends or family and check out some of the great activities going on this holiday season:
- The hugely popular Columbia Christmas Pageant will take place on December 13th at 7 pm, December 14th at 2 pm and 5 pm, and December 15th at 4 pm. The event, which typically has over 250 participants, will be held at the First Baptist Church at 1306 Hampton Street.
- The whole family can participate in the 2nd Annual Lexington, SC Jingle Bell Run on December 14th. The opening ceremonies and group warm-up will start at 8:45 am at the Moore Orthopaedic Clinic. Grab your best holiday costume and join the fight against arthritis!
- Experience the magic of the holidays at The Lights of Cayce in Lexington. The Cayce City Hall will be lit up with thousands of beautiful lights and holiday displays until December 31st.
- Take your whole family or a group of friends to see the spectacle at Holiday Lights on the River. Running until December 31st, Saluda Shoals Park will be lit up with more than a million lights and animated light displays every night from 6 pm to 10 pm until December 31st!
- Put on your skating shoes and head over to Main Street Ice at Boyd Plaza in Columbia, open until January 20th. The open-air ice skating rink is right in front of the Columbia Museum of Art and is open every day of the week.
Have you heard of any other exciting holiday events in our area? Tell us what’s going on and share the fun with other Midlands women!