By: Mary Pat Baldauf
I was hoping that things would settle down after the holidays, but now it’s just a different kind of busy! I’m working on some upcoming stories on a local romance writer and a Lexington Medical Center green building, but for now, I want to share my favorite new recipe: Overnight Oats.
Refrigerated oatmeal may sound a little odd, but trust me, it’s a fabulous, fast, healthy start to your morning. On Sunday, I make five jars and have breakfast for the whole week. Check it out, and let me know what you think!
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup milk (I use plain light soy)
- 1/4 medium banana, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fruit of your choice (fresh or frozen ok)
- Honey to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a container. (I use an eight-ounce Mason jar because I like using glass, plus they are so cute!)
- Cover, shake and refrigerate overnight.