By: Roshanda Pratt
A show of hands, how many parents are ready for school to start? I apologize to my teacher friends who have heard all summer from weary parents. I love my children. I love them when they are in school too! The start of a new school year is always exciting. Don’t you think so? This year my oldest will be in first grade. Her siblings will be in 4th grade and 2k. In anticipation for the upcoming year, here are my top ten reasons why school is cool! My second grade teacher would be proud of that line.
10. Who doesn’t like going shopping in a crowd fighting people for school supplies? (Insert sarcasm)
9. Tax Free Weekend. ’nuff said.
8. The “new” smell of pencils and backpacks.
7. Labeling school supplies. It is like tagging presents at Christmas.
6. Daytime activities like grown up shows, books and the alike.
5. Lunch dates with the husband… again without the children.
4. Mid afternoon naps. Ahh, with no interruptions!
3. Back to school commercials, especially those by Target.
2. Making my famous Peanut butter & Jelly sandwiches (insider)
1. And the number one reason why I love the start of a new school year…
The excitement of my children learning something new – and then “teaching” it to me.
What would you add to the list? I hope you enjoy the final days of summer. And I pray your children have a great start to the new school year!