By: Staci Rutherford
My mission over the last two weeks has been to figure out ways to stay cool and comfortable now that summer has arrived. With record high temperatures across the country, I am constantly craving frozen beverages to avoid melting in the heat. Eating ice cream everyday would probably do the trick, but will also ruin my cute, girlish figure. So, I decided to go to my trusted source, Pinterest, for more ideas. I created a board dedicated to delicious drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, which will definitely keep you calm and cool during the heat wave.
Here are a few recipes that immediately caught my eye that I cannot wait to try!
Pink Lemonade Sherbert Party Punch (serves 12)
- 1 can frozen pink lemonade from concentrate
- 2-1/2 cans water
- 1 carton Raspberry sherbet
- 2 liter Sprite
- 3 lemons
- In a pitcher, combine the pink lemonade concentrate and the cans of water.
- Freeze for about 4 hours until slushy.
- In the pitcher, add the lemons and a thick layer of raspberry sherbet.
- Pour the Sprite over the top of sherbet and stir just a bit so it gets nice and frothy on top.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Food Family Finds
Watermelon Margarita Frosty (serves 2)
- 2 1/4 cups frozen watermelon cubes
- 1/2+ cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 large lemon, squeezed (lime juice also works very well! use 2 limes)
- 1 fresh banana
- Optional: 2 shots of tequila (or substitute with more water or fruit juice)
- Garnish: a few slices of watermelon – with rind on – frozen.
- Blend ingredients.
- Garnish with frozen watermelon/rind slices.
- Serve! Enjoy.
Source: Healthy. Happy. Life.
Champagne Cocktail with Mint & Lemon Sherbet (serves 1)
- 2 tsp fresh mint leaves, muddled or finely chopped
- 2 large scoops lemon sorbet
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup champagne or sparkling wine
- In a tall glass, place a pinch of mint.
- Add one scoop lemon sorbet, another pinch mint and the other scoop sorbet.
- Pour in vodka, then top with champagne and the rest of the mint.
- Garnish with a mint sprig.
Riesling Strawberry Slushy (serves 6)
- 2 cups hulled strawberries
- 1 bottle (750ml) dry Riesling
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Reserve 1 cup of the Riesling – cover and place in the fridge to chill.
- In a food processor, puree strawberries with the remaining wine, lime juice and sugar.
- Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
- When you’re ready to serve [or drink], puree the ice cubes with the remaining wine in your blender.
Source: With Style & Grace