By: Staci Rutherford
To Help Keep Your Handbags Clean, I’m Giving Away a Mia Cotone Dust Cover!
It should come as no surprise that I am writing another article about handbags. While it’s fun to share my favorite picks of the season, this post is about cleaning and storing your bags. It amazes me how many women spend hundreds of dollars on their handbags and don’t put forth any effort in taking care of them. Regardless of the amount of money spent on a bag, it’s good to know how to care for your bag properly to ensure that it has a long life and to keep them looking like new.
1. Empty all the pockets of your handbag, and shake gently to remove dust, gum/candy wrappers, receipts and loose change.
2. Clean interior of bag by gently putting it inside out and using a lint roller. If you can’t pull out the lining of your handbag, use the fabric brush attachment on your vacuum.
3. Use alcohol free baby wipes to clean leather or leather-like bags.
4. Keep your makeup in a separate cosmetic bag to prevent unexpected stains.
Tips on Storing Handbags
1. Fill handbags loosely with tissue paper to help keep the original shape.
2. Keep your handbag in a dust cover. If your bag didn’t come with a drawstring pouch, then consider purchasing a few that coordinate with your prized possessions or the bags you wear most often.
3. Most of us don’t have customized closets with a designated space for our bags. As an alternative, store them in baskets or bins made of plastic-coated wire. Stand bags upright or lay them down with a little space in between. Your bags need to breathe, so avoid plastic bends with a tight-fitting lid.
If you are looking for a stylish storage solution for your handbags, I highly recommend Mia Cotone handbag dust covers. They are thoughtfully designed to keep your handbags clean and organized. By storing bags individually, it keeps leather soft and supple and prevents drying and fading. There are 28 colors to choose from and they are available in several styles and sizes. I hope my tips will save your bags from being thrown on the floor in your closet.
To show my appreciation to all of the readers of the Every Woman Blog, I am giving away one Mia Cotone zebra print Mia Clutch dust cover! All you have to do is “like” Mia Cotone on Facebook and comment on this post with the following “I want a Mia Cotone dust cover!” One lucky winner will be randomly selected on February 20th.